Amazon Best Deals

Search This Blog

Sunday 11 April 2021

Robots In The Shower - The Start

 When your crazy Tardis is as full as mine, finding places to let the robots your fixing do their stuff is ever increasingly difficult especially as I haven't been selling during the lockdown, so as to avoid trips to the Post Office to post things.  Then just over a week ago, I was sat contemplating the world on the throne of life when I realised the shower cubicle especially in our loft conversion would be perfect.  Also around the same time one of the special needs kids I work with asked me if my #fixed1t was on TikTok, as I wasn't I thought I'd surreptitiously combine all three items: Robots, Shower Cubical and TikTok into a cunning plan.

The plan is to demonstrate all of my robots, fixed, modified or interesting in the shower cubicle many times and to put the videos on #fixed1t Youtube and a special version on a new fixed1t TikTok channel.

Amazingly, its actually going well, I have made 4 quick videos 1 minute each.

The first robot I chose was the extremely rare and bordering on cute WowWee Femisapian, a female looking robot designed for all the techie girls who were obviously getting incensed that all the humanoid robots were portrayed as male.  This catwalk moving woman may not be seen as PC at this time but back them it was seen by WowWee marketing as new ground. Sadly it wasn't as popular as it male counterparts were.  Here is the WowWee femisapien walking the walk.

Robots In The Shower 1 - WowWee femisapien

For the second video I decided to choose another of my little used favourites. This is quite frankly a huge and extremely strong monster of a robot again from WowWee but this one is called the Roboboa. Now you may think that sounds like a Boa Constrictor? and if so you'd be right, it is and over a metre on length.  I've been planning to modify the roboboa for some time to make it more than a dancing and roving snake, but as usual 'too many projects'.  One of its tasks is as a Toy Room security bot, it has infra red sensors built into its head along with a couple of microphones so it is more than capable of hearing a sound, looking towards it and detecting any heat signature of a person or creature in the room (brother, sister, friend or others), the infra red is very sensitive and the speakers very loud as it screams of an intruder. I think I need to do some interesting mods on roboboa.  In the meantime here is roboboa strutting his stuff in my shower.

Robots In The Shower 2 - WowWee Roboboa Robot Snake

The third culprits for Robots In The Shower are a couple of utterly bonkers RAMON robots by TECHMATIX and these robots are just plain crazy.  They jabber and chat along to themselves endlessly which can't have enamoured them to the parents, friends and partners of the robots owners. There also doesn't appear to be a way to turn down the volume.  In this video they are doing one of their dances although given that the sound and the gears are very loud its hard to tell what it is.  The Ramon's came with a headset and attached control box so you are supposed to be able to control them from the headset by speech, I'll have to leave that for another time. Here are the RAMON's strutting their stuff in my shower.

Robots In The Shower 3 - TECHMATIX RAMON

The fourth robot in the shower is one of my favourites, he's a Chinese Robot from Shengen robot ally.  He was created by CityEasy.  When I got him he was called Bobi Bobi and responded to Bobi Bobi as the key for a series of voice commands. This didn't work particularly well as his english commands only appeared to work if you spoke in a fake cartoon Chinese accent like the actors in the 50's and 60's B Movies.  But it worked all the same until one day he popped up and said he needed to do an urgent security update, stupidly I let him do so and suddenly he no longer responds to Bobi Bobi.  I tried putting calls out to City Easy and others, asking how I remove the update from his memory so I can reset him back to Bobi Bobi but to no avail. Here is the fixed1t video on the Bobi Bobi speech issue

However, he still connects to the internet and one of his party tricks, which goes down brilliantly with adults and children alike, is his rendition of Gangnam Style and he dances the dance here in part 4.

Robots In The Shower 4 - CityEasy Bobi Bobi

I hope you like the videos and check them all out and then subscribe to this Blog and to the #fixed1t youtube channel. If you want to show them to the kids and friends without scrolling through youtube then typing fixed1t into TikTok or #robotsintheshower into google will take you there.

This blog has been dormant for some time, other than videos I am posting, but If I get questions and interest here I will use it more to interact with my supporters and subscribers. You never know I may use it as a proper Blog rather than a photo and video album, but thats up to you.

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment.

Malcolm aka #fixed1t

#robotsintheshower


No comments:

Post a Comment

Its only worth while me spending time on blogs If I know they are being read and it is not easy to know. So If you have taken time to read a blog entry then please leave a comment or question. Thanks Malcolm